CAN Bus Controllers
STW’s CAN Bus controllers have been especially designed for the harsh environments of off-highway work. Our controllers are widely used in a variety of applications ranging from agricultural and military vehicles to oil and gas and mining equipment. Though rugged and highly reliable, our controllers are freely programmable with a unique architecture that allows you to easily expand I/O, CAN bus connectivity and memory.
Our freely programmable controllers are designed with a base configuration for I/O and CAN bus, but their unique ‘babyboard’ (expansion board) architecture allows them to be tailored to your requirements for very specific configurations of I/O. This allows you to minimize unused capacity and maximize cost efficiency.
- Reliable – the Mean Time Between Failure is 50 years
- Completely updated, reflecting the latest in technology
- Flexible – easily expandable I/O (Input/Output), CAN bus and memory to suit your requirements
- Safe – certified to international safety standards
- Low cost of ownership – our reliability, durability and easy tailoring to your applications makes our products a great value.
Learn more about benefits of our CAN Bus controllers here.
- Rugged standard controllers
- Freely programmable
- TÜV certified to SIL (Safety Integrity Level ) 2
- Internal diagnostics, protection against voltage overload and protection against short circuiting to ground or to supply voltage for all I/O’s
- Extensively tested for highly demanding operating environments
- EMC shielded, 200 V/m
- Protection against vibration and shock
- Temperature range of – 40°C to + 85°C (- 40° F to + 185° F)
- Sealed enclosure protects against moisture & humidity to IP65 (Ingress Protection Rating) optional to IP67 (breathable Gore-Tex filter)
Types of CAN Bus Controllers
Freely programmable controllers: can be programmed independently with programming languages C or CoDeSys or (ESX-3XL) with Matlab/Simulink
I/O Module CAN bus Controllers: slave modules that communicate with the CANOpen communication protocol
We can also work with you to customize the controller to your needs. Click here to learn more.
- Agricultural Vehicles
- Military Vehicles
- Oil and Gas Service Equipment
- Vehicle Tracking
- Hybrid Vehicles
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Emergency Platforms
- Electro-hydraulic steering systems (steer by wire)
- Hydrostatic drive control (drive by wire)
- All control functions of the working hydraulics
- Automatic leveling and positioning of platforms
- Engine management
- Transmission control
Learn more about how are products are used in different industries here.