Freely Programmable CAN Bus Controller for Cost Optimization – ESX-3CM
The ESX-3CM, the latest addition to STW’s award winning ESX line of off highway controllers, is a freely programmable controller built for use in rugged conditions and supported by the comprehensive STW-Toolchain.
Cost Optimization Through Predefined Configurations
The focus of the 3CM is on cost optimization through the use of predefined configurations. The configurations available are based on STW’s extensive analysis of off highway machines in the marketplace.
New Communication and Networking Capabilities
The ESX-3CM has new communication capabilities: In addition to the RS232 interface and four CAN connections, an optional Ethernet interface with a dedicated connector is available. One CAN bus features a wake-up function and there is also an option for an RS485 interface.
- With 56 analog and digital I/O, the freely-programmable ESX-3CM is designed as a central control unit for machine automation.
- 20 multi-functional inputs, the functionality of which can be adjusted via software
- Ability to register current, voltage, frequencies or digital switching conditions (events) at the input.
- For systems which require a high switching capacity, a total of three power output groups are available with four or eight outputs.
- Every group can provide up to 15A in total.
- Actuators with higher power requirements can also be driven through parallel switching of several outputs within a group.
- Higher power 32bit 300MHz TriCore processor
- Separate System Supervisor with programmable Watchdog
- Proven development environments for C and CODESYS
- Full support of STW’s KEFEX configuration and update tool chain
- Fulfils the standards for conformity according to CE and E1 as well as standards for the passenger vehicle, agricultural and construction machine industries.
A newer version, slated for release in 2016, is planned to support safety applications in accordance with PLd (DIN EN ISO13489-1 2008-12) or SIL 2 (IEC 61508 Edition 2.0 2010-04).
Learn more on STW’s other products: